Director of Human Resources
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of HR will oversee the services, policies, and programs designed to support a high-performance culture that emphasizes employee engagement, quality and safety, and productivity. Will lead the acquisition of talent and onboarding, HR operations and business partnerships, employee relations and ongoing development of a superior workforce to support strategic organizational goals. You will provide HR leadership and support across all company locations on various matters and be a strategic adviser to leadership, a partner to managers, and an ally to every person at Transtreme. We are in growth mode and seek an experienced HR leader with an entrepreneurial mindset to transform HR services and offerings. The person in this role will have the opportunity to build a framework for the organization to grow including building policies and procedures, company-wide solutions, and creative initiatives to continue making Transtreme a wonderful place to work.
- Directly supervise HR team members.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to senior management in all areas of HR (talent acquisition, retention, compensation, benefits, recruitment, training, development, motivation, organizational optimization and HR procedures).
- Provide effective leadership including developing and implementing objectives and business strategies.
- Manage benefits, people-related compliance, and advise on U.S. employment law with Federal and State regulations; advise on and answer questions about company policies, practices, and regulations.
- Ensure company and departmental HR policies and practices are communicated and understood and compliance with all Federal and State laws and regulations is maintained requirements are understood and adhered to.
- Develop programs for performance management, retention, engagement, L&D, workforce strategy, etc. by partnering with leaders and managers. Partner with the business to identify talent gaps, build organizational capability, align job requirements and ensure competitive skills are maintained.
- Implement workforce planning process to identify future needs and develop/implement staffing plans to support business continuity and growth.
- Establish and cultivate relationships to assist in building and maintaining strong, performance based team environment.
- Lead individual goal setting/performance review processes.
- Proactively and thoughtfully drive appropriate solutions for workplace and employee relations issues.
- Oversee training, development and workforce diversity.
- Promote quality and safety.
- Support supervisors/managers in management of their employees/department which support achievement of individual/department/ business objectives.
- Incorporate Change Management best practices across the business and facilitate effective change leadership. Drive proactively change management initiatives providing expert counsel and change management tools to leaders to successfully implement change.
- Drive employee engagement and build upon Transtreme’s culture by creating and implementing programs to increase employee engagement & satisfaction.
- Design learning and development processes to set the team up for success (manager coaching, team mentoring).
- Create an enjoyable and engaging work environment for remote and in-office employees
- Become a strategic business partner by providing thought leadership for overall business needs, challenges, and goals.
- Provide guidance and expertise in Org Design in support of future organizational structural changes.
- 4-year college degree
- 5+ years work experience, with at least 4+ years leading HR teams
- Must have deep knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws and regulations, specifically the state of California
- Experience building HR/People policies and procedures
- Experience in healthcare setting
- Track record of being adaptable to changing priorities in a high-growth environment.
- Experience leading remote and onsite teams
- Strong HR functional expertise and proven track record of building high-quality programs in all core areas
- Innately kind, self-motivated, well organized, and an expert communicator
- Able to work at a high level of autonomy and manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal)
- A team player with a sense of ownership and "get things done" attitude
- Experience in growing and scaling workforce and services preferred